IT Cabling Site Surveys
Site surveys are an important preliminary step in any IT Infrastructure project - regardless of size. The purpose of an IT cabling site survey is to understand your current environment to plan your project in a way that saves you cost and ensures that the final result matches the goal you had in mind.
With an IT cabling site survey we will determine the feasibility of an intended installation, budgetary constraints, additional upgrades that may be necessary, and whether there is a need for specialty tools or supplies.
Site surveys are done during the planning phase of your project. After we discuss your project goals and your ideal outcome, we visit your site and determine what needs to be done to get you there.
Structured IT Cabling
IT cabling site surveys will show you your current cabling infrastructure and help show problems you may not be aware of in hopes of minimizing surprises during the actual installation.
- Assess your current cabling environment
- Identify current cable grade(s) and type(s)
- Map cabling pathways for most efficient routing
- Determine distance limitations
- Ensure that safety and regulatory codes are met
- Create a project duration
- Provide recommendations based on results that adhere to industry best practices
Wireless LAN (WLAN) Site Survey
For wireless site surveys we capture statistics and expertly assess you current wireless LAN (WLAN) environment. We use these statistics to determine the effects of RF interference, and assess whether individual AP RF transmit power and channel assignments are configured correctly. With this information we provide recommendations and technical guidance for re-configuration of the WLAN system for optimum performance.
- Provide onsite WLAN site survey tools and services for the purpose of determining existing signal coverage, strength and interference present for the existing wireless network.
- Generate reports showing existing 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi signal coverage, broadcasting access points (APs), rogue and neighboring APs, and SSIDs for the whole building.
- Determine the effects of co-channel and adjacent channel interference on network performance from neighboring APs.
- If needed, recommend re-positioning or additional APs to improve signal coverage and performance
- If needed, develop a 2.4 and 5GHz channel plan, based on site survey results, designating a specific channel to be configured for each AP radio.
- Provide recommendations based on site survey results for minimum and maximum AP transmit power levels.
Matrix Communications has provided solutions and services for our organization since 1999. From front-line engineering and account management to behind-the-scenes technical expertise and support; we appreciate and have a high regard for the entire Matrix account team.Matrix has an in-depth knowledge of our environment, and understanding of how we do business; which only heightens the level of service they provide. We appreciate how Matrix prioritizes all customers’ needs, customizes programs for us and always stands behind their promise to deliver.
Be Empowered. Be in the Know.
Be the first to know about new industry insights to build or refine your marketing function with the tools and knowledge of today’s industry.